VIRTUS is an Archdiocese of Washington program focused on protecting our children. This program is required for any adult who volunteers their time in any Catholic school, including field trips, etc. The VIRTUS program helps participants understand why wrongdoings happen to children and how we can be more aware of how to protect our children. In addition to VIRTUS, all school volunteers are required to have a background check and sign a Diocesan Code of Conduct. VIRTUS training, Code of Coduct, and background checks are also required for all school staff and faculty.
Child Protection Policy
Compliance Checklist for Volunteers
Complete and return the Volunteer Application Form to Mrs. Kathy Vassallo at St. Pius X Regional School. Form is located in side bar.
Register for an account on VIRTUS:
- Go to www.virtus.org
- Select your Organization – Washington, DC (Archdiocese)
- Create a User ID and Password
- Complete the Registration Screens
- Primary Location for Volunteering – St. Pius X (329) Bowie
- Continue answering questions
- Schedule your training session
- Schedule your appointment for an electronic background check with Kathy Vassallo at the school office 301-262-0203 x17. You will need to bring two forms of valid IDs.
- After you have attended the training session, please sign and return the Acknowledgement form, page 59 of the booklet you will be given to Kathy Vassallo in the school office.
If you do not have Internet access, please contact the Office of Child Protection Services at 301-853-5328.
VIRTUS Workshop in Nelson Hall
September 21, 2016
Come early, doors close at 6:30!
Register online in advance at www.virtus.org.